Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Academic Goals

So, I know that the bulk of this blog is about "rebuilding" me, but I think that my academic life is part of that building process. Besides, I'm finally feeling as if my burn out from 6 straight years of full time school and often times, full time work is over and can now really focus on my research with a clearer head. I'm also a firm believer that if I write it down then I'm obligated to do it. So here are my goals for my academic life:
-Defend my dissertation proposal by the end of February
-Complete and defend my IRB application by the end of April
-Submit an abstract to RSA, ISSS, ISTSS, CSWE, ASC, ISSTD
-Get at least two manuscripts published
-Complete and submit my grant application for my dissertation
-Complete my data collection by the end of the year

My end goal is to have a CV that is Research I University-worthy so that means I need to amp things up a notch and start to learn and embrace more difficult types of data analysis and methods. I know that I can do it and I know that I can get my dream job at a Tier I school. Like I said in my athletic post, 2012 will be my year of big accomplishments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment