Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Running Resolutions

I have been horrible about keeping up with my blog posts and I will work hard over the next few weeks to catch up on those. I have three races to post a reflection and other updates on my life events.

Anyway, I recently received an email from Runner's World about running resolutions and if I have set my resolutions for 2012. It really got me thinking about my goals and resolutions for 2012. Should I just continue with what I am doing with my running for the new year (i.e. one 5K race a month, shaving one minute off my time at each race, training for the one half marathon)? I've PR'd in almost every race I've done this year and I'm pretty pleased with myself. But now that I know that I can run and that I can run for longer and longer distances, I'm wondering if I should strive for more. I've already made 'more' and 'better' my goal words for my academic life so why not do the same for my athletic life? So, 'more' and 'better' it is for my running goals for 2012. So, I'm going big! I'm gonna exceed even my expectations in 2012. I'm not saying that I'm going to push myself into an injury, I know to listen to my body when it's telling me it needs rest but I am going to amp things up a notch. I am not going to rest on my laurels for 2012. This is going to be my year of major achievements. So, with that in mind here are my athletic goals for 2012 (academic goals will be in a different post):

-Run 2 5K races each month, attempting to PR at each
-Master hill work to really increase my speed
-Run at least 2 10K's
-Complete the Buffalo Half Marathon
-complete one more half
-train and complete my first Full Marathon (most likely the Niagara Falls International Full Marathon in October)
-get my Zumba Toning license
-Hit and maintain my goal weight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment