Friday, August 26, 2011

Winning and beating those exercises that previously beat me!!!

We all have that one exercise or one machine that taunts us, that laughs at us, that tells us that we can't do it. For me it's the Roman Chair. Last summer, I tried to do even one and I had to literally jump to get my knees to remotely approach my abs. I used every ounce of strength in my arms and chest in order to accomplish that one rep. I have not attempted it since that day.

Since last summer I have progressively become stronger in every area of my body. Running and spinning have made my lower body stronger. Push ups and planks have made me focus more on my core. I can now do regular push ups and every type of plank. TRX has increased my strength in places and in exercises I never thought I could do. For instance, there was one TRX exercise that was torturous for me at the beginning. It involves placing your toes in the TRX handles and lifting your body into a plank position. From there, you crunch your knees in while keeping your upper body in the plank. For the first 3 weeks of TRX training, I couldn't do these. My trainer had me do regular crunches on the floor. This pissed me off because I knew that with a little hard work and determination I could do this exercise. So every other day I worked on my planks and got better and better at them. At week four I shocked my trainer and other TRX members when I cranked out 16 of these TRX plank crunches!!! She was so proud of me and I was so happy with myself that I didn't let this exercise beat me.

That's exactly how I felt about the Roman Chair. When I couldn't do it last summer I was pissed that at that moment the chair beat me. I vowed to not let that happen again. Today was my vindication day over the Roman Chair!!!! Yahoo!!! Me: 1; Chair: 0!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment