Monday, August 22, 2011

I LOVE my Zumba Family!!!

Since I became a Zumba instructor at the Eastern Hills BAC, an entire new world of opportunities and friends have opened up for me. I love going to other instructors classes. I love watching them and seeing how they inspire their classes. This activity truly is life changing. It was for me too. When I joined the BAC 14 months ago, the first thing I wanted to do was try out a Zumba class. I had heard so many great things about it and I always loved dancing. With my dancing and cheerleading background I knew it was for me. That first class was overwhelming at first, but I kept going. I slowly started getting the hang of the routines and noticed the patterns. As my confidence in my abilities and myself overall increased, I noticed that over time I moved from the last row, hiding in the back, to the front row in every class. Being an instructor allows me to share my story with many people and some need to hear that I was in their shoes just months before. Also, I now have a new group of friends, fellow instructors with the same mission that I share. We work hard to keep our classes motivated and upbeat but we also support each other. Being the newest instructor, I love the support that my fellow instructors provide whether its bringing me up to the front in their class to do a song with them or coming to my classes to root me on!! They are truly a wonderful group of women and I am so honored to call them my friends and to be a part of this Zumba family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment